Not including the stuff which seems to crop up in projects that you think are so close to being done you can taste it--and then it turns out you've got all these other things yet to do and why the heck didn't you remember them from the last times? Yeah, not including those things, here's what remains in the way of this one being done:
- Typing up line edits (which seems to take 5x as much time as making them in the first place; done with pen and paper)
- Turning the last few chapters from rough draft to revision to line edit...and typing those up.
- Forcing myself and others to hunt for typos and goofs.
- Submitting the ebook file to eBookit.com for conversion, testing, and distribution.
- Submitting the print files, receiving and (hopefully the first time) approving the proofs, submitting for distribution and ordering copies for consignment and/or direct sales.
I would like the first two things to be done within the next week. (Well, I'd really like for them to be done today, but...*brain explodes*) It might take as many as two.
The fourth thing can happen within an hour of the third thing being done...and ditto for the first part of the fifth thing. Then it becomes a matter of how well I "guess-timated" the color and contrast of the cover file and how much money I have to put towards rush shipments.
I would very much love to have all this done so that I may have two books to bring to The Ashland Book and Authors Festival on September 20th. (More on that later, my quick break is over.)
Thank you again for your patience. I'm working. And learning.